Ing. Norbert Serfozo, Ph.D.
Oddělení: Oddělení atmosférických toků a dálkového transportu látek
ÚVGZ AV ČR, v. v. i.
experimental aerosol research and sampling; atmospheric aerosol properties (PNSD, aerosol light absorption and scattering); indoor air quality; nanoparticles; respiratory protection; data analysis and modelling; etc.
- 02/2013 – 06/2017 Ph.D. in Environmental Engineering, Technical University of Crete, Greece (“Estimation of Emission Rates and Lung Dose from Various Simulated Indoor Workplace Related Aerosol Sources”)
- 09/2009 – 05/2011 MSc. in Landscape Engineering, Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra, Slovakia (09/2009 – 06/2010 Faculty of Environmental Sciences CULS Prague)
- 09/2006 – 06/2009 BSc. in Landscape Engineering, Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra, Slovakia
- 02/2013 – 06/2017 Early Stage Researcher at the School of Environmental Engineering of the Technical University of Crete
- 09/2017 – present Postdoctoral Researcher at CzechGlobe - Global Change Research Institute, Czech Academy of Sciences, v.v.i.
I developed my Doctoral Dissertation at the Technical University of Crete within the HEXACOMM project in the framework of the FP7 Marie Curie ITN. My dissertation focused on the estimation of emission rates and lung dose from various simulated indoor workplace related aerosol sources. I spent several months in Institute of Chemical Process Fundamentals in Prague, where I dealt with aerosol penetration through filtering facepieces. I have keen interest in broadening my knowledge in aerosol science and try to enhance my knowledge with recent advancements in the field. Currently, at the CzechGlobe I deal with optical properties of atmospheric aerosols, vertical concentration gradient and data analysis of the measurements from Kresin Atmospheric Station within the ACTRIS-CZ RI research program.
Významné výzkumné pobyty a stipendia
- 02/2013 – 01/2016 European Union 7 th framework program HEXACOMM FP7/2007-2013 under grant agreement Nº 315760
- 02/2016 – 12/2016 Institutional project
- 09/2017 – 12/2017 Institutional project, ACTRIS PPP
- 01/2018 – present European Regional Development Fund-Project "ACTRIS-CZ RI“ (under grant agreement Nº CZ.02.1.01/0.0/0.0/16_013/0001315), ACTRIS 2 CZ (under grant agreement Nº LM2015037), ACTRIS PPP
- Short research visit at ICPF, 22 January - 02 February 2018, Prague, CZ
- Training School on Black and Brown Carbon, Jozef Stefan Institute, 15-17 January 2018, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Advanced Training Course - Aerosol Characteristics in Modern Microenvironments, University of Helsinki, 10-12 June 2015, Helsinki, Finland
- Advanced Training Course - Mathematical Modelling Approaches to Understanding Environmental Fate and Behaviour of Aerosols, University of Birmingham, 16-17 April 2015, Bimingham, UK
- Advanced Training Course - Techniques for Monitoring Air Pollutants Including Aerosols Indoors/Outdoors, IDAEA - CSIC, 16-17 July 2013, Barcelona, Spain
- Research secondment at ICPF, 10/2014-03/2015, Prague, CZ
- Aerosol Physics and Samplings Training Course (Certificate), 2-9 May 2014 (University of Helsinki), Hyytiälä, Finland
- Advanced Training Course - Techniques for Monitoring Exposure to Aerosols, University of Essex, 31 March – 2 April 2014, Colchester, UK
- Short research visit, NCSR Demokritos, 25-29 November 2013, Athens, Greece
- Mbengue, S., Serfozo, N., Holubová Šmejkalová, A. and Holoubek, I. Characterization of Equivalent Black Carbon (EBC) at a Regional Background Site in Central Europe: Variability and Source Identification. Oral presentation (S. Mbengue), 19th Annual Conference of Czech Aerosol Society, 25–26 October 2018, Piešťany, Slovak Republic
- Mbengue, S., Serfozo, N., Schwarz, J., Zíková, N., Holubová Šmejkalová, A. and Holoubek, I. Equivalent Black Carbon (EBC) Measurement at a Regional Background Site in Central Europe Using a Multiple Wavelength Aethalometer: Variability and Source Identification. Poster presentation, International Aerosol Conference, 2-7 September 2018, St.Louis, USA
- Serfozo, N., Ondráček, J., Lazaridis, M. and Ždímal, V. Size-Resolved penetration of filters from respirator masks. Poster presentation, European Aerosol Conference, 6-11 September 2015, Milan, Italy
- Serfozo, N., Chatoutsidou, S.E. and Lazaridis, M. The effect of particle resuspension during walking activity to PM10 mass and number concentrations in an indoor microenvironment. Oral presentation, 15th Annual Conference of Czech Aerosol Society, 30–31 October 2014, Valtice, Czech Republic
- Serfozo, N., Chatoutsidou, S.E., Glytsos, T. and Lazaridis, M. Measurements of particulate matter of mass and number concentrations during controlled indoor activities and measurements of resuspension in working environment. Poster presentation, European Aerosol Conference, 1-6 September 2013, Prague, Czech Republic
2014 – present Czech Aerosol Society
2015 – present Hellenic Association for Aerosol Research
- Serfozo, N., Ondráček, J., Glytsos, T. and Lazaridis, M. (2018). Evaluation of Nanoparticle Emissions from a Laser Printer in an Experimental Chamber and Estimation of the Human Particle Dose. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, DOI:10.1007/s11356-018-1448-x.
- Serfozo, N., Ondráček, J., Otáhal, P. Lazaridis, M. and Ždímal, V. (2017). Manikin-Based SizeResolved Penetrations of CE-marked Filtering Facepiece Respirators. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene 14, 965-974.
- Chatoutsidou, S.E., Serfozo, N., Glytsos T. and Lazaridis, M. (2017). Multi-zone measurement of particle concentrations in a HVAC building with massive printer emissions: influence of human occupation and particle transport indoors. Air Quality, Atmosphere & Health 10, 679-693.
- Serfozo, N., Ondráček, J., Zíková, N., Lazaridis, M. and Ždímal, V. (2017). Size-Resolved Penetration of Filtering Materials from CE-marked Filtering Facepiece Respirators. Aerosol and Air Quality Research 17, 1305-1315.
- Lazaridis, M., Serfozo, N., Chatoutsidou, S.E. and Glytsos, T. (2015). New particle formation events arising from painting materials in an indoor microenvironment. Atmospheric Environment 102, 86-95.
- Serfozo, N., Chatoutsidou, S.E. and Lazaridis, M. (2014). The effect of particle resuspension during walking activity to PM10 mass and number concentrations in an indoor microenvironment. Building and Environment 82, 180-189.